From Liberia aiport - 1 hr. 15 mins.
From closest city (Santa Cruz) - 30 mins.
Directions From Liberia Airport
- Take a right out of Liberia Airport onto Highway 21. Stay on this road for about 44km until you reach Santa Cruz.
Before going over the small
bridge in to Santa Cruz you will make a right to follow signs towards
“Tamarindo” and “27 De Abril”
- Caution: If you go too far and miss this turn you will see a large Gasoline Station ( TOTAL) on the left after a small bridge, turn around…do not cross that bridge you have gone too far.
- After about 16km make a left at a group of signs including Junquillal, Paraiso, Iguanazul.
- Go 200 yards and make a right.
- After about 7.8 KM make a left at sign to MARBELLA, LAGARO, OSTIONAL. You are now on a dirt road.
- Go about 8.1km, always staying to the right, the house will be on the left just before a bridge and a soccer field. You will notice a dark wood fence with cactus planted in front. The driveway entrance & gates are set back a bit. You will see a sign for CLARA VISTA. You will also see a row of banana plants & small coconut trees lining the driveway to the house. (So if you go over a small bridge & see the soccer field on your left you need to turnaround & go back about 50 yards)
Description of Area
Playa Venado & the Venado Estuary are a 20 minute rustic walk from the property. The main beach is a mile long and very secluded. There is a rocky area that provides great rock pool exploration and small rock pools for playing. To the left is a great beach for swimming and surfing.
- Local Tico Fare - all great & inexpensive
- Las Tuquitas - best tico food, inexpensive, watch Yelda cook on fire!
- Lola's (at Playa Avellanas) Pacific Rim - very good, pricey, on the water
- Playa Negra Hotel - very good, moderately priced
- 'Amigos' American Style - junquiall
- Tiki Bar - Marbella
- Pizza - Tanaka-playa junquiall...also homemade gelato and great cappuccino
- Pizzeria - on main road, Playa Negra
- Supermercado - Junquiall shopping center
- Las Tecas - Playa Negra
- Venado - at corner of soccer field - please support our local community
- Dry Season - 2nd week in November to 2nd week in May
- Green Season
- May to August
- Rainy Season - September to early November